Wednesday, October 20, 2010

String to the Rescue

The other day I drove the family to a buffet. There was a strange noise coming from the back of my car. I got out to investigate. It turns out that some of the plastic that covers my bumper was hanging down. The sound was the plastic scraping the ground. At that point I just bent the plastic back up towards the car. I thought I would fix the thing permanently later.

Well I forgot about that until today. I drove the cats to lunch from work. A coworker asked if there was something wrong with my car radio. No. It was the bumper cover hanging down and scratching the ground again. When I got home, I decided to fix the darn thing before school.

I got two pieces of strong string. Used the string to tie the flapping plastic to the brace that holds the bumper. Then I wrapped a couple pieces of duct tape around the string, just for safety. Now this thing will stay up as long as I still have a bumper attached. I used this string trick on my last car. The fender by the wheel was hanging loose after running over something. String kept it tight until I sold that car.

No comments: