Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cheap Drinks

McDonalds has had a promotion this past month. You can get a large soft drink for a dollar. No coupon is required. I have been loving it. Normally large drinks go for $1.79. The promotion was set to expire tomorrow. This was a crazy day at work. Did not have much time for lunch. So I decided to head to McDonalds.

I noticed that the big sign showing the one dollar drinks was gone. Sure enough the large drinks went back to original price. Luckily I had been saving some free drinks coupons for when the sale ended. I pulled out my coupon and got one on the house. The funny thing is that I still believe McDonalds is making money off me. Pay a few bucks for a burger. Add some fries. They make money in the end whether or not you pay for the drink.

When I got home, the first thing I did was cut another free drink coupon and put it in my wallet. McDonald's is doing good here for themselves. They provide the discounted or free drinks with coupons. Now when I need a quick burger, I go straight to McDonald's. I truly cannot remember the last time I went to Burger King or Wendy's. No wonder McDonald's owns 90% of the fast food burger market.

No comments: