Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day Laborers

We are in the middle of some furniture adjustments in the house. I still need to fully move into my study downstairs. We are repurposing our computer room on the main level to be a library. So a heavy desk needs to be moved into the basement. And a love seat needs to come up from the basement.

Normally Kit Kat and I do all the heavy lifting in the family because we are the most able. This time around, I thought we could try to hire somebody to carry the furniture. I want to keep costs reasonable. So I decided to maybe use some day laborers to do the job. I have seen them hanging around outside Home Depot. I told Kit Kat she would have to come with me to get them.

Today Kit Kat slept in late. Her graduation cermony yesterday wiped her out. The family went out to eat breakfast without her. After breakfast, Momoko needed Kit Kat to go with her to the bank. They also visited the school. By the time Kit Kat came back to get me, it was mid adternoon.

Kit Kat and I took a ride to Home Depot. There were no laborers in sight. We decided to pick up a few items at Home Depot so the trip would not be a total waste. I tried to find some nice flowers but failed. I did pick up some ant killer, as well as some top soil. A dude a the store was impressed with my confidence in ant killer choice. He followed suit and bought the brand I was loading up on.

Outside at the car, a Home Depot employee came to help us load up. He asked if everything went well. I told him we did not find the flowers we needed. He said I should have asked an employee to help with the flower selection. I did not waste any time informing him that we surveyed all the flower they have, and found them all lacking.

I told Kit Kat we would have to move the furniture outselves. She requested we try the day laborers tomorrow. After a short conference with Momoko, we decided to wake up early to get some help in the morning.

No comments: