Saturday, May 5, 2012

Trees and Grass

I need to get the back yard ready for our new shed. There is a big tree in the way, as well as some shrubs. I looked through the yellow pages for a tree cutter. There were many. However there were only two that were known by the Better Business Bureau.

The first guy said it would cost $1100 to remove the tree and bushes, and grind the tree stump. That sounded high. When the second guy quoted me $750, I hired him on the spot. They come next week. I had been very busy at work this past week. Did not have time to cut the grass. Today I decided would be the day. I had to work late, but there was still sunlight out when I finished work.

After cutting the front yard, the lawn mower ran out of gas. I filled it with the remaining gas I had in my can. Then the mower would not start. Fail. I did have one older lawn mower in the shed. It started immediately. I had to try to dump the gas out of the first mower to fill the second. Still ended up riding to the gas station to fill my can.

No comments: