Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Digging out of the Snow


Tonight I have my final exam for my college class. So I thought I had better clear the snow off my car. I went out early in the morning. Wanted to be prepared to drive off to get some lunch.

The hard part was that there was freezing rain after the snow. So the top of the snow was solid. I used my little ice scraper and scraped off the snow from the windows. There was still ice on the glass surface.

I decided to start up my car and blast the defrost with hot air. That helped a bit after a while. I still had to work at getting that ice off the windshield. At lunch time, I drove to get a sub. Tons of snow and ice fell off the roof once I stopped at the first stop light.

I used the windshield wiper to get most of the falling snow and ice off the windshield. Too bad for the folks behind me. I tried to speed up a bit so the snow and ice would not hit their cars. Next time I had better clean off the snow a lot earlier.

No comments: