Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dollar Movie Theater

Gradma's town allegedly had a dollar theater. I am all for good deals like that. Sure it was probably some broke down old theater. But you can't beat the price. Plus they featured old but good movies such as Ender's Game.

I scheduled us to watch the movie Carrie. Kit Kat had previously wanted to see it on the big screen. So she was in. Her cousin came too. Little Kat completed our group. I drove the rental with the kids to the theater. I used my GPS to get us there. As soon as we turned onto the access road, Kit Kat and I recalled the route.

There was one girl handling tickets and concessions. Turns out that Tuesday movies were $2, but all other days cost $3. Still a good deal for the movie. There were $1 hot dogs. However we all opted for popcorn/nachos. Those concessions were expensive like they are at normal theaters.

Carrie was not too scary. The bottom of the film was clipped. The film aspect ratio was also off, causing people to appear too skinny. The next time we opted to go to the modern theater where admission was full price, but grandma's membership got us discounted popcorn and drinks.

No comments: