Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Gun Range

Little Kat and I drove the rental car over to Little Kat's uncle's house. We backed the car up to his garage. Then we loaded up a bunch of guns into the back of the car. We packed the bag of ammo I bought. We supplemented that with ammo from Little Kat's uncle's stash.

We took a long drive to the outdoor gun range. On the way there, we passed sites like the circular barn and soda store which had a huge soda bottle decoration outside. They sell cans of soda from all over the world. The last leg of the journey was a dirt road.

There were other people at the range when we arrived. An older guy shot long range targets with a loud rifle. A couple younger guys were doing skeet shooting, launching clay targets in the air and hitting them with shotgun fire.

I fired some 22 caliber ammo using revolvers like the 357 magnum. That was fun. I could actually hit targets at close and medium range. The pistols I tried had too much recoil for my taste. The rifles hurt my shoulder and would not hit the targets I aimed at.

Little Kat had decent aim. He liked the pistols and rifles more than me. We stayed later than the other people at the range. When we left, Little Kat locked the property entrance gate behind us.

No comments: