Thursday, December 5, 2013

Too Lazy for Homework


Little Kat missed some school. It was an excused absense because he had to visit the doctor or something similar. His teachers had given him some zeros on assignments he missed. One teach gave him some make up work. Momoko and I told him to get it done over his long Thanksgiving break. Come Sunday night we asked if it was done. Little Kat said yes.

I have found that Little Kat says yes to anything. We need proof. So I told Little Kat to show me the work. Oooops. Turns out the work was not done. Momoko and I told him to get busy. We all had a meeting at Little Kat's school to talk to counseling and some other staff that are responsible for Little Kat. I took detailed notes.

One of the action items was for Little Kat to turn in that make up assignment. I emailed Little Kat an ordered list of seven action items from the meeting. These were seven tasks he needed to get done. I told Little Kat to get busy and knock them out in priority order. Late at night Momoko asked me to check on Little Kat's progress. He did not do any of the action items.

Okay enough slacking is enough. Little Kat's answer to why he is not doing his work is that he is lazy. That is an understatement. It is time to enforce our rule that Little Kat gets hard labor out in the yard when he receives a zero on any assignment and does not resolve the problem. Looks like I will be getting some good help out in the yard this weekend.

I got a lot of hard work to accomplish in the yard. Sounds like I am going to be playing the foreman role as Little Kat gets his handy dirty out there. No slacking allowed.

No comments: