Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Caulk it up +1

I detected some rotting in the corner of one side of our house. So I patched it up. It did not look good. Needed some paint over top. But first I wanted to address the reason why the wood had rotted. The two pieces of wood above did not line up correctly. It left a gap that water could enter.

Two days ago I sealed up the gap with some caulk. Then I coverd the black shutters and windows with newspaper. Did not want the white paint to get on these items. The next day I brought out a can of white paint and went to work.

It was tough because I had to climb a ladder to do the painting. Then I found the white paint did not quite match the off white color of my house. Oh well. Guess we have white trim. I had to use some duct tape as painter's tape to protect the siding from getting colored.

When the job was done, I was trying to clean up. Got tripped by the hose and took a tumble. Drat. Then I went in the back yard to run the water throught the hose to clean the paint brush. The hose had sprung a leak. Double drat. At least I finally got this job done. Next time I am hiring someone to do the dirty work.

No comments: