Sunday, March 2, 2014

Meticuous +1


Today is Sunday. That's when I do my outdoor work. It is chilly out. I put on a hooded beach jacket I bought around 20 years ago. The thing is tight around my spare tire of a waist. But it will be easy to wash if I get it dirty.

I grab my grabbers. They are a two foot long tool with a handle I can squeeze to cause two tongs at the other end to "grab" sticks that are on the ground. This saves me from bending over and straining my back. There are a lot of sticks on the ground in the back yard.

Today I am just collecting the new sticks. Last week I collected a wheel barrel overflowing with such sticks. I also collected two thick branches last week. After collecting the stick, I go to work sawing the branches into small logs. Got to get things these ready to fit into a bag.

I line a 30 gallaon trash bag with old newspaper. I put dried leaves I collected into the bottom of the bag. Then I break up smaller sticks and stuff them in the bag. I also add the mini-logs, making sure the bag does not get too heavy. I tie the bag when it is full. I wrap it in a second bag with more newspaper.

One bag done, at least two more to do.

No comments: