Saturday, March 22, 2014

Retrieving our Aunt

Our aunt was scheduled to fly in from Japan today. My car was in the shop. So my brother drove us to the airport. It was not the airport I was familiar with. This was the international airport. Luckily I brought my GPS with me into my brother's car.

We did pretty good driving to the airport until we needed to turn onto the airport road. My brother almost missed the turn. At the airport, we tried to survey where our aunt would come out and get her luggage. Unfortunately, her luggage came out behind closed doors so customs could keep an eye on it.

On the way back to my dad's house, we hit some bad traffic. At home we had some communication problems. Our aunt does not really speak English. None of us speak Japanese. We had to phone a friend who could translate for us. It was weird watching my aunt speak Japanese. It reminded me a lot of my mom.

No comments: