Saturday, March 8, 2014

Time for Training +1

I had recently scheduled to spend next week in training. Usually employees go receive formal training from some company. I decided to do a self paced training. This week is the annual "build a gane in a week" contest. And I intended to participate.

My goal this week was to ensure nothing got in the way of my training. My company has the tendency to cancel vacation and training plans frequently. I made sure the problematic program under my care was finally fixed this week. I also helped a couple other guys fix their program.

Today I was super vigilant to make sure training stayed on schedule. Spoke with my team lead to confirm my work was wrapped up. Was proactive in helping another team do their work. Finished up some work that got behind because of work emergencies. Now I am free to go study during my training week.

No comments: