Tuesday, March 18, 2014

One is Silver, the Other Gold +1

I had been trying to catch up with a friend from my last job. Thought I could see him earlier this year. But I spend a lot of time studying for school. Then my job has been extra busy for a month or more. Finally I had a week of training where I was free for lunch during the day. I met my friend at an old upscale mall. The mall is about to be demolished. So it felt like a ghost town.

I had been wondering bout another friend I went to school with at my previous college. Had not heard from her in a while. That was strange. I reached out and found that she said there was really no news for her to report. She moved since last I saw her. So during training week, I picked her up from her new place and went to lunch. Enjoyed the all you can eat soup at Pizzaria Uno's.

My college friend is waitig to get some paperwork sorted before proceeding to her next college. So I propsed that we work on a project together this summer. I am busy with my school until summer. We plan to make a program to query a database full of fan fiction information. Oh yeah.

Here is how a song about friends goes: "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, the other is gold." True that.

No comments: