Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cemetery Duties

My brother and I returned to the cemetary to try to arrange for a plot to bury mom. Mom's sister from Japan wanted to come. But we had to leave her at home. There was going to be a lot of negotiating and paperwork going on.

Our cemetery consultant told us it would take an hour. We knew better. Turned out that it took 3 hours total. Good thing we left dad at home. He can't stay put for any longer than one hour. I decided we should buy two plots. The consultant had troubles with the computer system, but we got the job done.

After the cemetery business was complete, I drove my aunt up to my mom's friend's house. My aunt had gotten to know this friend after mom stopped being able to talk. My aunt would meet mom's close Japanese friends during a Japanese luncheon. I skipped out of it and went home to take care of chores.

No comments: