Friday, October 10, 2014

Billiards Surprise

Today I had scheduled to take the early afternoon off to visit my friend at her college. We were going to play some billiards on campus. I had prepared by printing off directions to her new college. Then I printed a map of the campus. Finally I found the places on campus where there was paid visitor parking.

I packed my goods in my bookbag. Also loaded up on quarters so I could pay for metered parking. The morning was hectic at work. Guess the boys knew I was heading out for the afternoon. I also had to complete something for my boss. I did leave my house on time an hour before billiards time.

When I got to the campus, I made my way to the visitor parking garage close to the billiards building. This garage had an arrangement where you go to a station and buy a parking pass. As I got out of my truck, I discovered my wallet was missing. I searched my truck. No luck. Must have left the wallet at home during the ruckus at work.

I texted my friend. She came over to my truck. I told her we could search for metered parking that takes in quarters. She decided to use her credit card. Parking was a reasonable $2 per hour. I was not going to be there long.

There was another problem. I was hungry. There was no time for breakfast. My friend bought me a cheeseburger topped with jalapenos. Also drank a Pepsi. After lunch, we headed to the pool hall. It was crowded earlier. But there were almost all free pool tables when we got there. These were long 9 foot tables. Both of us were off our billiards game this afternoon.

No comments: