Thursday, October 16, 2014

Two More Months

Today Momoko took off from work to take Little Kat to test for his driver's license. He has practiced a lot. He set up an appointment around noon. I stayed home and worked. I also watched over my two handymen as they attended to assorted problems around the house.

I tried to wait until Little Kat came home from his test before heading out to lunch. But it got too late. When I came back home with lunch, I saw Little Kat. He said he failed. The closed circuit test was no problem for him. He said his tester said he did not need any more parking practice.

Little Kat failed on the road test. The tester told him to take the second left at the cones. Little Kat thought he said to take the left at the second set of cones. There was only one set of cones. The official reason for failure was that Little Kat did not obey the instructions of the tester.

Having heard about the failure, I now know what we need to practice. I usually give Little Kat very explicit instructions when he drives. I want him to learn the driving, not the interpretation of directions. I know that Little Kat knows how to drive. Just need to give him practice following vague or tricky directions.

Little Kat will return in two months to try the driving test again.

No comments: