Saturday, October 4, 2014

College Misdirect

My friend was taking her little sister to an all day convention in the city college. My friend was just going to wait around until her sister was done. I had not seem my friend in a while. So I decided to go up to the college to hang out with her.

I googled the city college. Printed out maps. Got directions for visitor parking. I was prepared. This morning I went up to the college and parking in a garage at the south of campus. Then I texted my friend. She said she was in a certain building.

Looking over the map, I could not find the building. My friend insisted that it was on the campus map. I had her check the street address. Doh. She was really far south of me. I began a long walk to go meet her. When I arrived at the address, I figured out what was wrong. She was at the state college (which just happened to be in the city). She was not at the city college.

After hanging out for a while cooling down from my morning hike, I needed to return to my car. It was another marathon walk. I programmed my GPS to take me home. Half way through the city, my GPS froze. That was no big deal, because I can normally navigate myself fine.

When I returned home, I was disturbed to find the side door to our house ajar. I called out. Nobody answered. Eventually Momoko came downstairs. She said the kids went out with their friends. Guess somebody left the door cracked and the wind blew it open.

No comments: