Friday, October 17, 2014

The Value of the Deal

I am always on the lookout for a good deal. Amazon offers free 2 day shipping to Amazon Prime members? Sounds good. Getting a discount to Amazon Prime because I am a student? Sounds even better.

Momoko signed up for Amazon Prime for full price. Ouch. But there is a silver lining. Once you sign up for full price, you can allow your family members to enjoy the benefits as well. Lucky Kit Kat and Little Kat. Now they get free two day shipping too.

I take advantage of another Amazon Prime perk. Once a month, I am able to "borrow" an eBook on Amazon for free. This is nice because those books normally cost $$$. There is a drawback. You must rent the book on an official Amazon Kindle device. Kindle readers such as the iPad app do not work here.

Well I purchased an orignal Kindle a long time ago for Little Kat to use to read. He really did not use it. So I reclaimed it and use it to read my monthly Kindle rental. Now there is a new Amazon Prime benefit called Kindle First.

Kindle First let's you get a free book once a month if you are a Prime Member. These are books that are about to come out, but have not been officially published to the general public. You get to choose from a selection of four books each month. They become your books to keep.

Normally I jump at such opportunities. I already subscribe to Amazon Prime. Might as well take advantage of all the opportunities. The thing is that of the four books available for October, none of them really excite me. So I took a pass on it this month. I did sign up to receive an email every time new Kindle First titles become available.

No comments: