Monday, October 13, 2014

Stepping Up My Game

Today I decided to work out in our basement gym early. I had the day off from work due to holiday. At first I did my normal warm up. I lifted some weight on the barbell five repetitions. Then I started my 15 minutes walk on the tread on "setting 2". There are 10 speed settings on the treadmill. This is the second slowest one.

A few minutes into the walk, I figured I was at the point where 15 minutes on setting 2 would hardly break me into a sweat. Time to up the game. I bumped the speed to 3. That is a whole lot faster than 2. I was able to keep up for the full 15 minutes. Was not tired after the walk. But I was sweating a lot more.

Then when I went to the barbell to do more curls, I decided to up my repetitions. Did 7 lifts instead of 5. Might be time to add more weight on the barbell. Since I was on a roll, I upped the resistance on the stationary bike I ride. That was hard at first. I might not be read for an increase there.

Finished up with another 7 repetitions on the barbell. I will give this another month or two before I try to up the ante even more. Let's hope I can stick with the program.

No comments: