Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Internet Woes

Last night I needed to work on my college class project. Spent some time writing some code. Then I needed to add some new software plugins to my system. Tried to search online for them. But the Internet was down in the house.

I told the family that I was going to reboot the router. Everyone told me they had Internet problems too. Why wasn't anyone else doing anything about this? Just waiting for someone else to do the work I guess.

A reboot of the router did not do the trick. So I connected to the router and tried to get it to reset itself with our Internet Service Provider. I gave up after struggling for a bit. I was tired and went to bed. The next morning, Momoko asked me if I got any errors. Sure I did. Everyone using our network connection would be until the problem was solved.

I unplugged the router. Plugged my computer directly into the cable modem that connects to our Internet Service Provider. I was able to get onto the Internet. That is all the Internet Service Provider guarantees: one computer directly connected will work.

I swapped out our new fancy router for our old one. It still did not work. But a single computer connected did work. Kept trying to get the old router to reset and get connected to the Internet. It seemed futile. Finally after reconnecting wires, rebooting all devices many times, I got the old router to work.

Not sure if it is time for a new Internet Service Provider or what. I do think it is time for some other people in the family to step up and learn how to debug Internet problems. They are all consumers of the Internet service when it works.

No comments: