Friday, December 2, 2011

Introducing Breakout

I am taking a programming class at a community college. Got to keep those skills up. You never know when you need to look for another job. More skills means more chance at success.

This semester the instructor has agreed to substitute a final project in place of a final exam. I was planning to create an electronic football game for my final. Then I saw a demo of the old arcade game Breakout, and knew I needed to write it.

So far, Breakout is doing pretty good. The ball bounces around the screen and knocks out bricks. Most of the time it bounces off the paddle. Still got a bug or two to correct. I want to add a cool startup screen.

You know I am in good shape when I am worrying about tiny details such as a startup screen. The credits in the game state that this is an "A+ Production". Get it?

No comments: