Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Repair Slackers

We got some slackers in our house. A lot of them. My motto to them is, "If you see something wrong, fix it. Don't tell me about it." Nobody seems to take the motto to heart. I was reminded of this yesterday. Little Kat came up from the basement. He said the light bulb burned out over the stairs.

I directed Little Kat to put a new light bulb in. He told me he did not know how. Typical. Momoko told me to teach Little Kat how to put a new light bulb in. The kid is 14 years old. Time to step up.

Then I went upstairs and saw that a light bulb was burned out in Little Kat's room. I asked him about it. He said, "Oh yeah. It went out." I told him to replace that one. The bulb had broken from the base. Little Kat declared that this was a difficult task.

I ended up fixing that light bulb as well. Now I know I taught Little Kat how to use a pair of pliers to remove a bulb that broke from a socket. He knew better to tell me he did not know how. Just slacking.

This slackage is not limited to Little Kat. Kit Kat will be sitting there with 2 out of 3 light bulbs burned out in her room. Momoko buys the light bulbs. She pretty much never changes them.

When I saw a light bulb burned out in the kitchen today, I bit the bullet and changed it. Who am I kidding? Slackers aren't even going to acknowledge that the bulb went out, let alone do anything about it. Slacked.

No comments: