Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Laptop Blues

Little Kat said his laptop is having problems. The thing won't connect to the Internet. I took a look and found some serious problems. Most of the services won't start up because they depend on something that has not started up. We tried to locate this missing unstarted dependency without luck.

I told Little Kat we could back up his data and see whether we could restore his laptop to the factory default settings. Momoko thought I could buy myself a new laptop, then let Little Kat use mine. At first I thought that was a bad idea. Then I took a look at the Sunday ads. Best Buy had a Dell laptop on sale for $350. It had 4G RAM, a 500GB hard drive, and a 15.6 inch display.

Tonight Little Kat and I try to scope out the laptop at the store. It was crowded. I asked a buy unloaded some boxes to help us out. He told us most of the low cost laptops were sold out. The only one for $350 had a small screen and no numeric keypad. The best low cost laptop Little Kat found for me cost $479. Too much.

Now we are at home regrouping.

No comments: