Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Walk

I spent a good deal of time going out on Sunday. So I was too tired to do my normal work like laundry and bills. I had to pick up that work on Monday. When the kids came home, I was tired.

However I had made plans with Little Kat to drive him to the store for some late Christmas shopping. Then Momoko wanted me to come with her to the pet store. We need a new stand for our newly acquired 20 gallon gold fish tank. After all that I was ready for a nap.

Little Kat, Kit Kat, and I had scheduled to go walking yesterday. But I had a pretty busy day. Plus Little Kat had tons of homework to do. I figured we would just postpone the walk. I heard a knock on my bedroom door at 9:30pm. Little Kat finished his homework and was ready to walk.

I put on my coat and reflective vest. Then Little Kat brought me our bright flashlight (to help cars see us in the distance). Little Kat went out and thought it warm. So he left his coat at home. No way. It was 40 something degrees outside. I made him put on a jacket. Then we walked down to the "M&M", a sort of cul de sac at the intersection of two streets.

En route to the M&M we discovered the house where a friend of a friend of Kit Kat lives. This is just 2 or 3 streets over from us. I was surprised we lived so close. This is just an acquiantance of Kit Kat since she goes to a different school. However it felt like it was a small world.

No comments: