Saturday, March 3, 2012

Flower Delivery

I decided to get my mom some flowers for her birthday this year. She usually does not like to receive other gifts that sit around the hosue. Previously I had the local flower shop deliver mom the goods. But one year my mom told me they brought her some dead flowers. That was an epic fail, especially because I was shelling out big bucks for flowers plus delivery.

Now I take matters into my own hands. I go pick out the flowers myself, and deliver them myself as well. This year I went to the grocery store. They usually have some nice bouquets. I wanted to take a kid to hold the flowers as I went to my mom's. However Little Kat was away spending the night at his friend's house. Kit Kat was sleeping in.

I picked out some bright yellow flowers. The centerpiece of them were some sunflowers. I got in line in the express checkout aisle. Some dude had a whole lot of items in front of me. Intiially I gave him a dirty look. But I softened up a bit when I saw he was old and handicapped. I strapped the flowers into the passenger seat with a seatbelt. However I had to kept one hand on them at all time because they wanted to slide around.

No comments: