Friday, March 16, 2012

Old School Friends

Today I went to visit a friend of mine from my last college. It brought back memories as I drove up to the college campus. Althought I only went part time, I went to that school for two years. I was a bit early, but so was my friend.

It was in the middle of the afternoon. I had already ate. I thought about where we could go to hang out. I recall from my youth a park we took field trips to in the area. Turns out it is 5 minutes from school. It was a long time I had visited the park. All I recall was a bit rocket ship that kids could climb in.

When we got to the park, we found that there was a lot things at the park. There was still a large area for kids to play. There was also a big bubble building. We investigated to find it was an indoor tennis court. The big surprise was that there was a zoo farm on site.

My friend and I walked through the zoo path. The peacocks had the most impressive colors. We saw a llama that was busy eating hay. They had horses and donkeys that came up close so kids could pet them. We still did not see everything that the park had to offer. I think I might have to take the family back to investigate.

No comments: