Monday, April 2, 2012

Life on the Beach

I woke up this morning in our hotel room and took a shower. When I got out, Little Kat said someone was at our door. He thought it was housekeeping. The maid asked if we needed the room done. I said not yet. She showed me that our door had the "service requested" sign on it. Some joker had switched the sign around from "Do Not Disturb" to "Service Requested." Fail.

Momoko drove us down to the boardwalk. We walked for what seem forever to find the restaurant we remembered that had the same name as Little Kat. When we got there, most of the family ate seafood. I alone had a steak sub. I was surprised when my credit card was declined. Luckily I have several credit cards.

After lunch, I took Little Kat to rent a fun cycle. It is a bike that is low to the ground without any direct steering. You have to lean to turn. Kit Kat tried it out, but was unable to turn the thing. Little Kat rode hard for an hour. Momoko found some small jewelry that cost big bucks. It had to stay in the jewelry store.

We let the kids go into Ripley's Believe It or Not. They said the best part was a tunnel with a rotating exterior. It made the kids fall down even though they were walking a straight line on a level surface. Now that we are back at the hotel, the kids have gone swimming in the indoor poor. It is a bit too cold to go out on the beach yet. Momoko is hoping for warmer weather.

No comments: