Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The World of DragonVale

I downloaded an app called DragonVale onto my iPhone a while ago. The game required a lot of training in the beginning. Boring. So I deleted it. Then I found that the family was playing it. They begged me to play so that I could "gift" them some gems every day. Gems are rare and can speed things up in the game. It costs you nothing to gift them to friends. You just need to play.

How could I refuse? I started playing the game to give the family daily gems. While I was there, I completed the tutorials. Then I found the game to be very fun. You are free to make a lot of decisions. However you will want to maximize your gold, gems, and dragons. That will help you earn experience and level up.

You spend most of your time waiting for things to complete in the game. Gems speed activities up. But you have limited gems. The game is free. However they allow you to purchase items in the game for real money. Momoko was late like me to start the game. But her progress was suspiciously fast.

Little Kat figured out that Momoko was spending real money to speed up her progress. When he got some iTunes cash himself, Little Kat followed suit and paid to make his game accelerate. The makers of the game are happy with this. Kit Kat has been playing the game the longest. She did not use money to speed up her progress. She continues to be the top ranked player in the family. I am in last place.

Althought I love to level up in this game, the goal is the journey and not the destination. I want to have fun playing the game for a long time. If I rise up too fast, I will be done with the game too soon. I do have some plans to make a lot of gold in the game. It just takes a lot of time to set that stuff up.

No comments: