Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Sonic Situation

Momoko drove us out to the beach today. I proposed we get some BBQ on the road, halfway to the beach. Momoko thought we should try to make it to Sonic. But that was 2 hours from home. We were all getting a bit hungry when we discovered a Sonic that was not on their website's map.

We made a U-turn and a bee line to the restaurant. Little Kat and I went to sit at the tables. Momoko and Kit Kat ordered from the car. Some Sonic employee told me to wait 1 minute to qualify for half price drinks. I pushed the button to order and asked whether I could get the half price special. The person on the intercom said I could do that in 60 seconds. I told her it would take us 60 seconds to order, and so we would like to get the discount.

After we ordered, the person on the intercom said we could not get the discount since we started the order before the discount time. That was silly. I did not iniatially care that much about the discount. But after an employee encouraged us to ask for it, and I thought up front we had established that I could get a discount, I now wanted that darn discount.

I asked the Sonic employee to confirm whether we would get the discount if I would place the order right at that second. She said yes. So I asked her to cancel our previous order, and reenter it again to give me the discount. She complied and we got like 2 bucks off our bill.

It is nice for them to have a sale on drinks. I figure it gets customers during the slow hour. But don't talk me into getting the special and then tell me the computer won't accept the special. That's just a big fail. Luckily their food is awesome. Otherwise I don't like messing with such shennanigans.

No comments: