Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The World of Joe Peacock

I was reading this article by a guy named Joe Peacock. Had never heard of him before. He started talking about being in a gym, but promised that this was not a gym story. Okay. He almost lost me there. But I read one. The guy proceeded to describe how he lifts weights with the boys frequently in the gym. There is a certain teenager that recently joined them. Appanrtly the teenager reminds Joe of himself when he was in high school.

The teenager recounts a story of how his only friend abandoned him because he was weird. This set Joe off. He knew that this kid was just like himself 15 years ago. So Joe sits the kid down, and explains how things work in high school. He proceeds to inform the kid that things will get better for him. The kid is excited because he looks up to Joe and the other weight lifters. The kids parents happened to be in the back, overhearing what Joe had to say.

Now this Joe guy is a muscle man who also wrestles. He is also a kind of outcast due to his unusual interests. One thing is for sure. I love this guy's writing. His book was on sale for $1.60 on Amazon. By the time I got my act together, his book had risen in price to $6.00. I still think I might buy the thing. Joe is known for his crazy stories. If his other stories are anything like this gym experience, I think he just got himself another die hard fan.

No comments: