Thursday, April 12, 2012

The State of Repairs

The handyman team I hired has been coming to the house every day this week. They arrive early, so I need to be awake earlier than normal. It looks like they finished installing an air conditioning unit in Momoko's study. All their equipment is still in there. So we have not arranged the furniture back to normal in that room. It is an inconvenience as Momoko and I use her study frequently.

The handmen have been rennovating the bathroom in Momoko and my bedroom. At first we could still use our shower. But now with some new tile on the floor we cannot. It is okay. They kids have a shower in their bathroom. Little Kat bleached it out so we could use a clean shower. I was impressed with the shower head and water pressure in their shower. Not too shabby.

After the handymen left for the day, some other dude showed in front of our house. He freaked out Kit Kat. Momoko made me go out and talk with him. He is a concrete subcontractor for our handymen team. I showed him where I want a new shed. He will need to pour a concrete slab underneath the new shed.

The concrete guy seemed concerned that I had some problems with our patio. I told him not to worry since we really don't like our patio. One day I will hire someone to raze the whole patio and start again from scratch. The concrete guy was really impressed with my old pickup truck. He wanted to buy it. I had to refuse any offers because the truck comes in handy all the time. Plus my dad gave me that truck. Lot of sentimental value there.

No comments: