Thursday, July 18, 2013

Air Cat

Little is spending a few weeks at his dad's place and he needed a ride to the airport.  The problem was we had to leave at 4:00 am to get him to the airport on time. 

I decided that Kit needed to have practice driving to the airport so she was appointed as the the driver and I was elected the navigator by default.  Black needed his beauty sleep so we left him dreaming at home. 

Little and I stayed up all night and Kit was able to get 3 or 4 hours before we headed out at the ridiculously early hour.  Everything went smoothly on out trip to the airport but when we got there Little did not want us to wait with him at the gate.  He was a typical teen cat and totally ignored us and walked wayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of us.  I was not having that so I had to use my "Mom" voice and put him in his place.

He reluctantly "allowed" us to be around him as we checked him in and went through security.  It was the first time I had a body scan and I didn't like it very much.  That glass room was a little too small for my liking. 

We made it to the gate in record time.  Little said he was hungry and wanted me to buy him something to eat.  Interesting he didn't want me to even come with him and now he needed me to open my wallet and now I was his most favorite person.  Gotta love a teenager!  I guess I have to admit my baby is growing up and he doesn't need me as much as I would like him too. 

Little made it safely to his dads and I hope he has a good visit.

No comments: