Friday, July 5, 2013

Monster Golf


Kit Kat and her friends have been wanting to try this Monster Golf for a long time. Based on the name, I thought it meant you played with large golf balls. Nope. It is an indoor, glow-in-the-dark putt putt golf. Monster refers to the monstrous obstacles in your way. Our family decided to try out Monster Golf for ourselves.

We took separate cars. I told Kit Kat we were trying the route with the shortest distance but longest time. So she would beat us there. Little Kat came with me as my navigation. I drove my Volkswagen Beetle. As we were on the second to last leg of the trip, Kit Kat called Little Kat. Then Momoko wanted to talk with Little Kat. What the heck? Why were these people bothering my navigation man?

Little Kat and I arrived safely, despite the cell phone calls. Next time I will instruct Little Kat to turn off his cell phone during the drive. Glow in the dark meant that light clothing also glowed. When we started, the first hole was free. However we quickly came up on a family in front of us that was slow. We had to keep waiting for them to complete their hole. That made it annoying.

Half way through, Momoko decided to skip a bunch of holes. The rest of us charged on. Little Kat and I both got a hole-in-one on the same hole. The boy in front of us cheered when he saw it. Momoko joined us for the 18th hole. We all got holes-in-one on the last hole. It is the easiest. During the game, we made Kit Kat keep score because she said it could get us a coupon. I was disappointed when they only gave the player who came in last a card that said try harder. Fail.

I asked Kit Kat and Momoko to stick around until I was sure I could start my car. As I popped the hood to reconnect my battery, the lever that opens the hood broke off. It is poorly attached. I always have difficulty reattaching it. However the batter connection was easier this time because I brought some work gloves along. Plus I got a wing nut on the bolt that tighters the lead to the battery. Got home safely. The kids and Momoko went to see a movie. I am going to meet my friend from college for dinner.

No comments: