Monday, July 1, 2013

The Return of Pastel


My trusted mechanic was unable to fix my green Volkswagen Beetle. The thing drains the battery to dead in 5 to 6 hours. So I planned to sell the car today. However my mechanic mentioned that the battery would be fine if I disconnected the battery when I was not driving it. I figured it was a hassle. But we could keep the car.

Kit Kat and I went to the mechanic today to pick up the car. He showed us how to disconnect the black lead on the battery to prevent the battery draining. It was raining hard. So my mechanic pulled the car into his shop to show us. He also jacked the car up high so I could see the other problem underneath causing loud noise when the car runs.

Kit Kat and I got into the car. Then I tried to drive away. The entrance to my mechanic's shop is always crowded with cars. I stalled a few times as I tried to back out of the narrow shop, and navigate between all the cars there. We parked and I got my bearings. Then we filled up the gas tank. It was weird pointing the gas nozzle straight down into the back of the Beetle.

We proceeded to the local elementary school. Kit Kat started up the car from stop twice without incident. Then I took over. Kit Kat yelled that there was a turtle in the way. She got out and moved the little turtle to the woods. Then we proceed to have Kit Kat stop and start the car five or six times. She stalled a few times because she did not give it enough gas. It was still a smashing success.

Tomorrow we may go take the car to get the emissions tested as required by the state. Then on to more practice.

No comments: