Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Goodbye Pastel


My mechanic gave me an estimate of how much it would cost to fix the Volkswagen Beetle. The estimate was the same amount I initially paid for the car. In other words, it was too much to handle. It will be easier just to buy another Beetle and roll the dice. When you buy from individuals or fly-by-night dealers, you get what you pay for.

I just hope there are no electrical problems in my next car that prevent me front starting it up. The next car may very well be a Beetle again. The family hopes so at least. I got a lead on a 2001 Beetle in another state. Just need to drive by and check it out.

For a while I wondered how I would despose of the Beetle. I could have it towed to a dealership and sell it for parts. Or I could donate the car to a charity who would come tow it themselves. In the end I just sold it to my dealer. He will know what to do with the car. Even he will probably not attempt to fix this thing. It is busted up.

No comments: