Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Driving Instructor


Today Kit Kat and I took our Volkswagon Beetle to the local elementary school. There we had Kit Kat practice driving a manual transmission car. The main lesson was getting the car going from being stopped. That is one of the hardest things to do with a manual transmission car. Kit Kat is still trying to find that sweet spot where you do not stall, and you do not jerk the car around. We also had her take it into second girl for the first time today.

In other news, Little Kat got his driving learner's permit. He can drive as long as an adult is in the car with him. We went Target shopping for some XBox goods today. Target did not have much merchandise. And their prices were higher than Amazon. I decided not to buy anything. On the way home, we swung by the local elementary school. I had Little Kat drive the car a bit.

Little Kat took a nap this afternoon. I went back to work. In the late afternoon, I woke Little Kat up. We gassed up my car. Then we returned to the school for practice. I had Little Kat do things such as three point turns, stopping at stop signs, using turning signals, and driving backwards. Half way though our practice, two police cars come up to the school parking lot. Luckily it looked like they were just there to talk to each other.

At the end of Little Kat's lessons, I had him take the car out on the road. We drove to Kit Kat's friend's house. She lives on a cul de sac. Little Kat was disturbed that he took the car up to 30 miles per hours. He did fine. Next I need to teach him how to drive me home. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: