Thursday, July 11, 2013

Say No to Harm


I ordered a bag to hold stuff I want to grab quickly when exiting the house. Found a low cost leather bag for $18. Seemed like a great deal. Then the thing came in the mail. It was enclosed in a clear plastic wrap. There was a sticker on the bag that stated the following:

NOTICE: The State of California requires us to provide you with the following warning: WARNING: THIS PRODUCT MAY CONTAIN CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER< BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM.

WTF? The cancer scare was bad enough. But other weird harmful effects? No thank you. I considered sending the thing back to the company. But they would just probably sell it to somebody else. This thing is going straight to the dump. I can't believe this company tried to pawn off this lethal bag to me.

This will make me think twice about ordering from this company again. What other products did I buy from them that had lethal chemicals but they were not forced by law to warn me about?

No comments: