Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Hunt for Manual


Now that my Volkswagen Beetle is history, I have been looking around for another manual transmission vehicle. My mechanic warned me to stay away from Volkswagens. He also recommended I pay a bit more and buy from a reputable dealership such as CarMax.

I have been browsing the CarMax inventory. Also have been using their Save Car feature to track cars I like. They even have a feature that lets you set up alerts. In other words, they will email if something happens to a car that you like. Got a couple alerts already about cars being sold or their prices being reduced.

I showed Momoko my list of cars that I had saved. She honed in on a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The exciting thing to Momoko was that is cost $9,000. I liked it because it had all wheel drive and a V6 engine with 210 horsepower. One drawback was that it was not located at the locate CarMax. It was at a CarMax in a nearby state.

Momoko got directions to the other state's CarMax. It is an hour drive away as long as there is no traffic. I told Kit Kat we might have to go there. Kit Kat declared that she was not going to drive to the other state. This was just Kit Kat being stubborn again. I guess I could always slip purchasing the next vehicle and make her learn stick shift using my old pickup truck.

This morning I found our discussions were moot. CarMax reported that the Jeep Liberty is no longer available. I guess someone snatched it up and bought it. Never fear. I got a lead on a green 2007 Hyundai Accent for $11,000. The good thing is that it is located in the local CarMax.

No comments: