Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bringing the Tools


Momoko went into her classroom today. We were supposed to see a movie with the family. However Momoko forgot she promised some people she would be in her classroom. I got a call from her around lunch time. She asked if I would come to her classroom and remove this pencil sharpener from the wall.

I decided to bring my whole toolbox with me. You never know when you need a certain tool. And I did not want to have to come all the way back home to do it. Sure enough, when I got to school, I found the sharpener was hard to deal with. It required a flathead screw driver to remove the screws. However the hard part was that the sharpener itself was in the way of the screw.

Turns out I have a special tool to deal with situations like this. I have a screwdriver with a really long shaft. That allows the head to sneak past obstacles to get to screw heads. I thought I had won. Then Momoko asked if I could remount the pencil sharpener somewhere else. What?

Normally I need my drill to relocate large screw holes. However since I had my toolbox, I did have a manualy drill that helped me poke holes for the screws in the new location. Let's hope this new place works.

No comments: