Friday, August 23, 2013

Distracted


I was busy at work as usual Wednesday. This is because I am not working on any big projects. When I have a big project, I set the schedule. My work is boxed in. I am very proficient at what I do. So I knock out the job and have some breathing room during the day. Not right now though. Since I have no big project, I got to deal with a ton of little issues during the day. The phone is always ringing with people who need help. It is overwhelming. Hopefully I get a big task next month.

Kit Kat has not started her school for the fall semester yet. She normally stays up late and sleeps into the afternoon. I was happy to hear that she woke up Wednesday morning to start the crock pot. We were planning to eat Fiesta Chicken. I worked a little late. When I finished, only Little Kat was home. He told me Kit Kat went somewhere with Momoko. That sounded strange. But I was in a hurry. I went outside to mow the grass in the back yard. It took a while to complete. When I got back in, Kit Kat was still nowhere to be seen. I took a shower and took a rest.

Normally the kids come get me when dinner is ready. Nobody came on Wednesday. I got hungry and came downstairs. Little Kat had been playing some online video games with his friends all afternoon/evening. He came up. I told him this was very odd that Kit Kat would not be home in time to serve us dinner. It was her night to cook. She hadn't even started the rice and it was an hour past dinner time. Turns out Kit Kat told Little Kat to take over dinner and make the rice. Fail.

The real fail is that Little Kat tried to lie to me and trick me into thinking that Kit Kat did not do her job. The fact was that he forgot to do his work while he was busy playing video games. Sounds like we might have to put Little Kat on the chain gang doing hard manual labor our in the yard this weekend. Need some encouragement to tell the truth, even when you are to blame.