Monday, August 5, 2013

Getting Ready for School


Today Little Kat and I drove my truck to Momoko's school. We carried a lot of items to help Momoko set up her classroom. Momoko dictated a list of tasks that I wrote on the white board. We determined which tasks we should get done today. Little Kat said he did not want to do book inventory work. Now I know why. It is tedious and long.

Little Kat did get busy moving textbooks around. He also set up a bunch of computers and technology type items. He sped through the tasks as I labored on the inventory work. When I was finally done, I took a look at Little Kat's handiwork. Apparently he was eager to check things off without being diligent. I had to do some rework.

In the afternoon, Momoko got called into a long meeting with the new interim principal. Luckily we had our list of tasks. Kit Kat came by with Chinese food for lunch. She also had to do some copying for Momoko. We almost got all the items off the day one list. Near the end of the day, Little Kat got a phone call and was acting suspicious.

Turns out Little Kat decided to skip out on an anime convention that he planned to attend with his friend. When quizzed about this, Little Kat said he did not like anime conventions. Lie. Momoko and I grilled him for a while. The only other excuses he could come up with were that the conference was expensive, and that he wanted to spend time with his cousin who is in town.

Momoko volunteered to pay for the conference. And we told Little Kat he would not need to attend during the days while his cousin is in town. Looks like the guy is going to attend the anime convention after all.

No comments: