Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ford Focus Slipped Away


I continue looking for a manual transmission vehicle to buy so I can teach Kit Kat how to drive it. For a while I had the plan to buy a manual transmission truck. That way I could replace my really old truck that is having some problems. However Momoko said that she wanted to only drive a truck that was automatic transmission. Truck plan cancelled.

Then I remembered that Kit Kat and I went to CarMax and sat in a couple coupes. They fit Kit Kat well. She could reach the clutch pedal. These coupes were the Hyundai Accent and the Ford Focus. Well I had my eye on this Ford Focus 2-door hatchback that CarMax had down in North Carolina. CarMax said they would transfer it to my store for free.

The Focus in question was a 2007 Ford Focus ZX3. It had 67,000 miles on it. It was reasonable priced at $9600. I finally narrowed all of my choices down to this one. Just had to go to CarMax to ask them to ship it here. Then I found that the car was off the market. Bummer. Later the car reappeared. And the price was discounted an additional $600. Woohoo. Just when I planned to visit CarMax at lunch, the car is off the market again.

I guess I just got to keep an eye out. If that car does not get sold, and is for sale again, I must drop what I am doing and go get that car. The thing has power locks and power windows. Even has a sunroof. Where else can I get something like that for $9,000? Nowhere. Wish me luck!

No comments: