Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Driving Practice


Yesterday I finished work and planned to go with Little Kat. He needs to practice his driving. He told me he had a hard day. Well he got home before 3pm. It was 5:30pm. What was hard about that? He made some excuses as to why his day was difficult. I told him to be prepared to drive the next day.

Unfortunately today was the first day of school for my college fall semester. I told the boys at work that I needed to leave work early. Had to get that driving practice in. I got off work 30 minutes before Little Kat got home. I did some of his chores such as unloading and loading the dishes. I figure I do a better job scrubbing down the pans anyway.

Little Kat got dressed, put the "Student Driver" sign on the back of my car, and took off. I told him he needed to drive somewhere new. I had him take me to Food Lion. He had trouble merging into traffic on a road whose speed limit is 45 miles per hour. But he got to the store.

I figured I might as well go in and do a bit of shopping. Got myself some staples. Treated Little Kat to a pack of his favorite Kapri-Sun flavor. We got home and it was just about time for me to go to class. Near my school, there was a lot of traffic for a concert across the street. I grabbed some mini pretzel dogs at the mall. When I came out to my car, I saw I still had the Student Driver sign on the back of my car. Classic.

No comments: