Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Own Web site


I received some money from Microsoft for writing Windows 8 apps this summer. I promised myself I would spend some of that money on a web site to promote my apps. So it was finally time. Previously I had seen ads for a company that hosts web sites for cheap. Reviews online told me that had poor customer service. I decided to go with HostGator to serve up my web site.

I signed up for a year's worth of web hosting. Also requested that they register a domain name for me. A lot of the good names were already taken. I used a program (that I wrote) to come up with unique names for web sites. I will let you all know the name of my new web site when I get it up and running.

Initially I thought it would be a piece of cake to set up a web site. Now I find that it is a lot of work. Got to write the best copy to drive people to the Windows 8 store where my apps are on sale. If I set up my page poorly, people will just click away and I lose potential customers. Time to get busy.

No comments: