Friday, February 14, 2014

A Matter of Pay


We got around 12 inches of snow the other day. Everyone except me was off from school and work. Kit Kat was sick so she could not shovel any snow. Momoko said she was just not physically up to the challenge of snow removal. So she hired Little Kat to do the job. She said she would pay him at least $50.

At lunch time, I took a break from work. I looked out the window and saw Little Kat taking a break. I decided to go help him. I only had an hour total for lunch. So I worked really hard and fast. I let Little Kat use the best shovel. Poor guy had tried to get the snow blower to do the work. It clogged up due to the wet snow.

I had to come in before my hour was up to get back to work. After work I saw that Little Kat did most of the driveway. He expected more than $50 pay for clearing the driveway. Momoko declined. When is this guy going to learn to negotiate pay BEFORE starting any work?

No comments: