Monday, February 24, 2014

Driveway Extension +1


I try to park my car close to the edge of the drive to give Kit Kat plenty of room. Recently I have been driving my front wheel off the edge of the driveway onto the grass. With all the snow melting, it left a rut full of water just past the edge of the driveway.

Today I figured I should do something about the depression in the grass. At first I tried to fill it in with crushed rock. But it did not provide much support. The rock just sunk down. I put some concrete mix on top. Then topped it all off with some more crushed rock.

Let's see how this works after the ground dries. I am hoping I just extended my driveway by six inches right where it counts. After working the driveway, I headed to the back yard where sticks had fallen down everywhere. Time to do the dance calling picking up sticks.