Monday, February 10, 2014

Shopping +1

I woke up today after everyone had left for work and school. It has snowed yesterday. Of course nobody did any shoveling of snow. Usually I end up doing it. Luckily it was only a light snow. The problem, of course, was that people drove out of the driveway, packing down the snow as they went.

At lunch I headed to the post office. After eating a nice sub, I went to Walmart. Got a refill on propane for the grill. There was no hurry. We always keep an extra tank of propane handy, at the request of Little Kat. I searched for rock salt to melt the snow and ice. Could not find any.

This is a growing problem. None of the stores ever hae any rock salt for sale. There has been so much snow and ice this winter that people clean out the stores. I almost wish the stores would raise their prices to stop the sales. But I guess they won't do that, in order to prevent the appearance of gouging the customers.

I might have to resort to buying the rock salt online. That is expensive due to shipping costs for heavy bags of salt.

No comments: