Friday, February 7, 2014

Coming Along +1


I have been slowly teaching Kit Kat how to drive my manual transmission vehicle. I am taking it easy because the last time I taught her driving, I pushed her hard. There were a lot of tears back then. And eventually she had a melt down. Now I take it slow for the long haul.

I do have to push Kit Kat a little. If she had it her way, she would not take the car out of first or second gear. Our goal now is to become comfortable driving over to her friend's house. She has troubles with some of the sharp corners. She also needs to get it into third gear on the main road.

So far Kit Kat is doing well. Today we made two rounds trips to her friend's house without stalling or any other troubles. We did have a hiccup when she tried to get it into third gear on a side street. However she recovered herself by downshifting into second gear. Good job Kit Kat.

No comments: