Sunday, June 8, 2014

Billiards Search

A friend of mine wanted to go shoot some billiards. We set up a date next week to try it out. I used to head over to the other side of town to play. But I figured why not try some local spots? I was meeting up with another friend to go out Friday night. I decided to do some leg work on finding a good billiards hall.

I had the address of a place in a good section of town. I asked my friend if we should GPS the location. He decided we could play it by ear. We drove down the road the pool hall was on. I kept an eye on the street addresses. We turned around when we went past the address. We were close.

My friend pulled into a parking lot that had to house the pool hall. We kept looking at the store address signs. We just could not find this pool hall. My friend drove around back of the shopping center. He almost hit two cars looking for the place.

Then we passed a Gold's Gym. Some fit hottie was walking outside. My friend ogled her as he drove. Luckily I saw that there was another hottie texting walking in the middle of the road. My friend stopped in time. The girl kept texting! Finally she saw that we were going to plough her over. She waved and we moved on.

Finally I spotted the address in the back of the shopping center. My friend drove around to get to the front of the building. Unfortunately another store bought out the billiards hall and converted into a dollar store. So sad. Got to find another place. Might have to go to less desirable neighborhoods.

No comments: