Saturday, June 21, 2014

Family From Abroad

My brother and I took off from work on Friday. We drove out to the international airport on the other side of town. Fought rush hour traffic that was not too bad. My cousin from overseas came to visit us. She recognized us before I recognized her. Her hair was different from her last visit.

We dropped by the house first. My cousin and dad cried as they thought about my mom's passing away earlier this year. Then my cousin called up a couple of my mom's friends to arrange a meetup. After that we went to my brother's work.

It had been a long time since I went to my bro's work. And back then I only saw the front of his work. This time we went into one of the buildings. My cousin wanted to meet my brother's boss and coworker who were there when we buried my mom.

We met at the ballroom, which they rent out for events like weddings. Everything was outlined in purple for the next day's wedding. After seeing my brother's coworkers, we took a tour of the grounds. They had a lot of land. There were many improvements planned for this year like cottages and putt putt golf.

Next we went to my mom's grave. My brother pulled out the old flowers from before. He replaced then with new ones that he staked into the ground. Next we went grocery shopping. My cousin wants to cook for my dad and brother. Back at my dad's house, my brother had to throw out a lot of old food so my cousin would not cook it.

My dad was surprised we were gone for so long. We hit up three places. I guess that took three hours. This is going to be a busy visit for my cousin. It might be the last time we see her.

No comments: